Zostera Marina SUPERHERO ($10,000 per Acre)
You are the hero of this journey! As a sponsor of a an acre of seagrass in Casco Bay, you will enjoy a prominent profile on our website and during our public events including the three workshops that will form the COBALT Bioregional Data T-Lab.
Your contributions will also directly contribute to the development of the state-of-the-art digital twin visualization of our seagrass meadows, and as such, you will be featured in both the release of and within the virtual seascape for all to witness. Your support will also extend from the digital world into the real one, in which you will be recognized as steward of ONE ACRE of seagrass meadow in Casco Bay north of Mackworth Island, Portland, Maine. Your sponsorship includes logo recognition of your commitment within the digital twin visualization model.
Alongside the continual efforts by COBALT and Team Zostera to map, monitor, and restore these meadows, you will be given guidance on how best to be a transformative steward, and how that designation will bring value to your operations. For example, at this level you will be able to tell the story of how your adopted seagrass meadow produces 100,000 liters of oxygen per day, provides a home for 80,000 fish and 100 million invertebrates, stores the equivalent carbon emissions of a small car, absorbs equivalent to the treated effluent from 200 people per year, and supports our commercial and recreational fish species such as lobsters, striped bass, mussels and clams. You will choose your preferred location to adopt within a stunning seagrass meadow of roughly 27 hectares.
Other benefits include:
- Team Zostera stewardship designation that can be placed on websites, products, or the doors of your business or organization that distinguishes you as a steward of the bioregion. This level includes support for how you can apply this investment to advance efforts you are making to promote support social justice, reduce carbon and become a better bioregional steward.
- Within one month after the sponsorship, you will receive a one-on-one consultation with experts from COBALT on appropriate stewardship actions that fit within the context of your organization. Your stewardship will act in concert with the ongoing efforts of COBALT/Team Zostera to better see, map and restore seagrass meadows in Casco Bay.
- Named recognition in the COBALT Bioregional Workshop/T-Lab announcement, implementation, and materials, and a meeting with 2024 COBALT Fellows at a special reception.
- Business or organization logo and credit of sponsorship on COBALT’s webpage, social media, and other marketing for the workshop. Your logo will appear on all banners, signage, menus, and other physical materials.
- Emcee acknowledgment and speaking/video presentation opportunity at one COBALT/Team Zostera Special Event.
- Documentation as a “pioneer” in the COBALT Bioregional Digital Twin visualization and choice of preferred “avatar” for vessels that will be used to “dive in” to your seagrass meadow.
SPONSORSHIP Supports Development of The World’s First Bioregional Digital Twin
As a sponsor, you will not only bring seagrass conservation/restoration to life but your contributions will directly support the ongoing stewardship of these endangered ecosystems or superheroes of our coast. You will be invited to ‘jump-in’ and experience these stunningly beautiful underwater habitats that provide benefits for fisheries, water health, nutrient cycling, and marine biodiversity. To share your commitment to stewardship, we will create a “digital twin visualization” that allows you (and your wider community) to “dive-in” to your adopted seagrass meadow, post your company logo on the digital twin visualization (on an avatar such as a sea kayak, skiff, or sailboat), and become a better systems storyteller.
Your sponsorship will help the restoration of coastal ecosystems to become more integrative, collaborative, and cross disciplinary. We are creating a digital model that offers sophisticated representations of the amazing dynamics of a seagrass meadow and coastal ecosystem. This is an impressive body of work, that can generate new meaning from available data using data science to extract new insights into extremes, potential tipping points, and correlations that can inform a wide range of decision-making and policy. More info on the COBALT/Zedaxis Bioregional Digital Twin is provided below.
This sponsorship lasts for 12 months and will benefit your business/community in a variety of ways. By becoming a sponsor, you will receive the tools to explain how this sponsorship significantly helps your organization tell your own story. For example, we will provide systems storytelling tools to support your community profile, B Corp Certification status, role in ESG (environment, society and governance dimensions within the finance sector), contributions to UN Sustainability Goals, and other related commitments to stewardship of local ecosystems and to meeting high standards of performance, accountability, and transparency on factors from employee benefits and charitable giving to supply chain practices and input materials.
Join us in this exciting opportunity to discover why seagrass meadows are an essential component of the entire Casco Bay Bioregion and coastal ecosystems across the globe.
What is a Bioregional Digital Twin?
As we emerge from a global pandemic, local communities are experiencing the effects of floods, droughts, wildfires, and hurricanes as well as the loss of biodiversity, explosion of other viruses, signs of a warming planet, acidifying oceans, and more. These issues are transforming our economies, are an endless source of trauma, and undermine the well-being of all life on Earth. Amid the warning signs of collapse all around us, we need a better way to navigate, which begins with seeing, connecting and amplifying transformative change. This includes how decisions are made and the call to action for all people to take on the role of stewards of our home. COBALT/Zedaxis Group is responding to this moral imperative to blend our expertise with digital technology to work with communities around the world to co-create a navigation system for stewarding life.
Our solution is the Bioregional Digital Twin. It is a vast, rich, living 3D model of the bioregion that people can explore and interact with, and which drives real world action through play mechanics.
The COBALT/Zedaxis partnership is a unique team that blends expertise in social technology, digital technology, and the critical importance of ecosystem governance. The team is capable of drawing together the knowledge and wisdom of a place into a single interface which can engage the widest range of stakeholders, give them deep understanding and inspire them to act – to perform direct stewardship action in the real world, to sponsor stewardship by others and to beneficially change policy.
The COBALT/Zedaxis partnership is a unique team that blends expertise in social technology, digital technology, and the critical importance of ecosystem governance for our survival. The team is capable of drawing together the knowledge and wisdom of a place into a single interface which can engage the widest range of stakeholders, give them deep understanding and inspire them to act – to perform direct stewardship action in the real world, to sponsor stewardship by others and to beneficially change policy.
A Bioregional Digital Twin is a vast, rich, living 3D model of the bioregion that people can explore and interact with, and which drives real world action through play mechanics.
It has several parts:
- A sovereign and decentralized data collection about the place, scientific, cultural, economic, and geophysical.
- A transformation of big data into knowledge through crowdsourcing and partnerships with leading academic, technology, AI and Earth observation organizations.
- A unified interface to visualize, explore and understand the knowledge in a 3D immersive digital application.
- The user interface of the COBALT Bioregional Digital twin will be of cinematic ‘Triple-A’ videogame quality, providing engaging visuals.
- It will be a vast and rich living 3D map where every piece of knowledge about the place and its entities is holistically embodied or accessible to the explorer.
- It will feature deeply engaging play mechanics for things like crowdsourcing data and sponsoring stewardship.
- It will be accessible via a browser to democratize the experience and reach the maximum audience without any special computer hardware.